Friday, May 4, 2012

The wise goat


The wise goat story

Over a river there was a very narrow bridge. One day a goat was crossing this bridge. In the middle of the bridge he met another goat. There was no room for them to pass. “Go back.” Said one goat to the other,” there is no room for both of us.”
“Why should I go back?” said the other goat. “Why shouldn’t you go back?”
“You must go back,” said the first goat. “because I am stronger than you.”
“You are not stronger than me,” said the second goat.
“We will see about that,” said the first goat, and he put down his horns to fight.
“Stop!” said the second goat. “If we fight, we shall both fall into the river and be drowned. Instead I have a plan I shall lie down, and you walk over me.”
Then, the wise goat laid down on the bridge, and the other goat walked lightly over him. So, they passed each other, and went on their ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails